> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > In all seriousness, a great start would probably be
> > > to STOP TRYING TO FIGURE EVERYTHING OUT!
> > >
> > > The more you try to figure things out, the more you're
> > > locked into the intellect, the more you reinforce the
> > > self, and the more you reinforce the pain.
> >
> > And if you could tell when words are meant
> > literally and when they aren't, you'd be a
> > lot more likely once in a while to come up
> > with a helpful comment.
> >
> > When you "figure out" how to hit a line
> > drive, does it involve the intellect?
>
> Yes. The intellect is the means of discrimination- place the club a
> little bit more this way or that.

OK, but discrimination per se is a means of
awakening, as I understand it, unlike what
Barry's talking about, where you get stuck in
the thinking process.

It's primarily the body, or the mind-body
connection, that "figures out" how to hit a
line drive.  It isn't something you think
*about* or can get stuck in.  That's the
analogy I was trying to draw.

"Letting go" is what one "does" in TM, except
it's more a matter of not-doing. If you bring
the intellect into it, it just gets in the way,
as it would in trying to hit a line drive. But
you have to learn the "trick" to it.

In any case, I was suggesting that "We want to
hold onto our pain" isn't really the case.
Rather, we don't know how to let go of it.

Barry's response was entirely beside the point.

 However for the action to fully