On 07/25/2011 04:07 AM, Tom Pall wrote:
> http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/07/25/unemployment-job-skills-training/?iid=HP_LN

Welcome to the new leisure society, Thom.  You're working too hard. ;-)

 From the article:

"The longer a worker is unemployed, the farther he or she falls behind
in sellable skills in a fast-paced global economy."  The term "sellable
skils" (probably should be "salable skills") tells it all.  In a
capitalist society everyone has to have something to sell.  IOW, we're
all basically a prostitute.  The trick is to find something you enjoy
doing that someone or everyone wants.  Either buying your time or your
product.

As for "any old job" we're probably running out of those with a world
population of 7 billion people. Apparently the majority aren't bright
enough to figure that out so they'll just keep pounding their heads
against the wall.