First person accounts are the most interesting thing on this forum - except for
the great pics and video clips and interesting perspectives (that don't get
mired in articulate nonsense).  I liked the post that said that the versions
that are posted here are only first drafts.  Too true and too funny.
I'm with you on the paradigm change.  I'm 48 and honestly, worked a lot of
labor jobs in my 20's so didn't get going on a family and career until my 30's
- so I always figured I had a decade to make up - which I did.  How does one go
about starting a revolution?  What are the values as a society that we are
going to forward as the agenda...it all seems to break down in the "how."  We
should not be fear-based in our decision-making process as a country.  "It's a
short trip from the cradle to the crypt"...we won't be conscious of our past
lives in our future lives - enlightenment or no enlightenment - whaddya we have
to lose by taking a stand in this one?  Oh yes, blacklisting....
I just am learning how to cook...my kids want a home-cooked meal...eating out
is hum drum for them.  I am loving the basics.  I cleaned my house...so
satisfying....no more housecleaner.  My life as a corporate slave was a
personal disaster and fraught with family sacrifice and I don't want to go
back.   I may have to rent the house out is the irony in all this..never did
get to enjoy it.
Yes, it is the lower-income, fixed-income seniors and our/my generation, in
particular, that are going to face a tough future.  We have no pensions - I
have little savings.  I tell my daughter who is heading off to college -
"Honey, it is up to you to save the world"..."no pressure"..."expect that I
will live with you."  Tee Hee.
Read the big article today about how much money the CEO's are making in 2011?
And we want to give that category a tax break?  Seriously?

I just attended my first class in XHTML - $329 for the very basics - way too
much money for such basic info.  Easy, breezy.  I have decided that I should
have gone into the programming industry (yes, I know XHTML is not real
programming).
You got into an industry that is currently relevant and therefore, pays well.
Learned a little on the history of the Internet and Web - fascinating.  I
always wondered who was running the show.