> In a message dated 8/8/05 5:36:28 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> In  brief, the *reason* for killing greatly agravates or mitagates
the karma....yes?

> What would have been America's karma had it sat back and  knowingly
let  Hitler exterminate Jews.

Um, I thought history is pretty clear that America, including and
particularly Roosevelt, the catholic church, the congress, the press,
etc, did sit back and knowingly let Hitler exterminate the Jews.
Roosevelt even said something to the effect "I have a war to win, I
can't worry about smaller problems like this." The allies liberated
the camps when the germans had been defeated.

There was no rush to liberate or destroy the camps before hand, which
could have been done. The camps could have been easily bombed and
destroyed by early 43. But Roosevelt did not want to divert precious
bombing runs to save some Jews. (You gasp, "but wouldn't bombing the
camps have killed the 'occupants'?" Well, some yes, many no, if the
bombing was on the crematoriums not the residences.  But given that al
occupants were sent to their deaths, better that many in the camps
would have been saved and ALL the future transports to the camps would
have been saved (well at least from these camps). And since the mass
exterminations greatly accelerated in 44 and 45, taking the
crematoriums out in 43 would have saved millions.

I suppose you are going to argue next that Lincoln went to war to free
the slaves. Oh no, you are too knowledgable about that issue to fall
for that myth.

So what is America's karma for sitting back and letting Hitler
exterminate the Jews? What's its karam for sitting back in Rawanda?
Whats its karma for sitting back in Sudan? Who elses karma is it
besides America's? Does America have the mandate and obligation to
solve very problem, resolve every crises?