--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> P.S.: I have to say I find it *astonishing* that anyone
> would wonder why it's important to expose liars and refute
> lies, especially on a supposedly spiritually oriented
> newsgroup. If spirituality is about anything, it's about
> being and living as authentically as possible, IMHO.

I do not think it is good that lying exists, but liars in particular probably
do not want their lies exposed, so there is a rather large group of people (all
of us?) who would rather have a slightly more relaxed attitude toward this.
Spiritual movements are a great source of misunderstandings and corruption and
lies, just like just about every other field of endeavour, although politics
would be a good place to find the maximum number of lies per sentence, and it
does not matter which party either. It is also beneficial to distinguish false
belief from deliberate lying, often a very difficult task indeed.

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
> > <anartaxius@> wrote:
> > <snip>..

> > If we consider a lie a bad thought, or an improper way to
> > present information (since a lie is false information),
> > we might remember that Maharishi said (something like this
> > anyway - do not trust my memory that much), a bad thought
> > is rotten to the core. If we postulate that everything is
> > absolute being, exists because of that, then all lies come
> > from the pure field of creative intelligence. And until
> > enlightenment, our lives are a lie, a mistake perpetuated
> > by our own mind in its inability to see what it itself has
> > wrought.

> > I find this unhelpful and bordering on meaningless.

It means that all the good and bad in life, the truths and the lies come from
the same place, and therefore they are ultimately the same value. We may not
know what that should be called, but the spiritual value of life has all these
properties, if we decide to generate concepts for them. If we do not, then
stuff just happens, and everything is fine, even if it leads us to death.