I think I'll stay away from the celibate issue, because the subject
matter is so bruising around here.  I will say that it has been my
experience that the proper use of sexual energy is an essential
ingredient in accessing more refined experiences of conscioussness.
This has been my direct experience.

But, on slightly different subject, some of the most powerful, (yes,
subjective) experiences I have had, have come about from meditating in a
full lotus postition, sometimes with, sometimes without, sometimes
without the hands on the knees in a mudra position.  I have read that
this posture has the effect of purifying the nerves.  Now, I don't know
exactly what that means, but I will say that my physiology felt
transfomed when meditating in this position for long periods of time,
(half hour increments).  Then I would usually have to come out of that
posture for a while.

Now, it also just occurred to me, that sitting in this full lotus
position could very well help in purifying the nerves of the body, but
may not necessarily have an equivilent effect on the mind.  Don't know.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Mark Landau <m@...> wrote:

> I seem to want to say something about this. For those who are
skeptical, this will probably give you more fuel, but for those who
experienced it, it was really something.

> The longer many of us were with M, especially doing the program and
being celibate, the more refined and develop our perceptual abilities
became. He used to talk about this a lot. It was like we could extract
valid information from the energies and molecules on and around people
and could see what was happening on the subtle, energy planes. The whole
universe of things flying around on the energy levels became visible to
us. It's certainly not easy to describe. To try to point to this, I'll
relate a tiny, somewhat different story concerning Mother Olson. She
sometimes, God bless her, gave me M's leftovers when he and I were in
her home. (Thus taking in a master's energy is a very sublime way to do
so.)
> She once said, with a chuckle, as we were walking silently along in
the evening somewhere and she was perceiving my perception of the
gravitas and size of her aura, "Yes, I'm like a whale."

> I'm not sure why I'm putting this here, but if someone else who
experienced this kind of thing would care to comment, I'd appreciate it,
not so much for any kind of validation, which is totally unnecessary,
but perhaps more for nostalgia or camaraderie.