> 2. When you post something brilliant and no one replies, that moment of
> realization similar to noticing on an episode of Star Trek that you're
> wearing a different color uniform than everyone else, and that you're toast.

* * Yep. KIRK: "I want an Away Team to beam down with me to the planet Omicron
Ceti III. McCoy, Spock, Chekhov, Uhura, and .... McGonigle."

Your character's name is McGonigle and you're wearing your nice new polyester
red pullover today? Buh-bye. Exit stage left, get a cup of coffee on your way
out, back to waiting tables in bardo.

On the other hand, perhaps the whole red-shirt song-and-dance is really a
preconception and your DNA is an immortal Name Caroling Bubba, Carolingam
through the Yoniverse, Jonah will seat us in the belly of the whale, and the
Death-star is really an egg: Omicron Ceti, the little O in the Whale, Oh, Om,
Ovum, Ohmygodohmygodoh-oh-oh-ommmm, the Little Death. Then McGonigle is really
one lucky sperm, dying into a whole new world.

Though come to think of it, that probably was covered in more than a few Star
Trek plots.