OK so I qualify as an "old-timer".  Getting used to that as the years go by...

Happy birthday, group.

I continue to skim the summaries, and not too infrequently get something to
interest or amuse me. Thanks for all the fish...

Would it be in bad taste to summarize a few of my favorites?  This is a list of
some that come immediately to mind, inevitably forgetting most and many who
deserve mention, so take it as lightly as I write it:

* Curtis kicks ass - a fun writer, and a man eerily close to my own mind
* The Turq - prolific, pointed, disruptive, often fascinating
* Buck (my old friend Doug Hamilton) - a hoot to see in the role of Old
Testament prophet
* Alex - always good for a quick grounding
* Judy - relentless and meticulous (has anyone called her Judge Judy?) She
takes her vision of integrity very seriously, brooks no quarter.
* Rory - once all over the ooga-booga space, now playful and directly,
plain-spokenly illuminating
* Rick - the father of it all, the deus abscondus who mostly lets his creation
do what it must do, with only rare intervention (more balanced than the deity,
though)
* Raunchy - one tough dog, a voice that cuts through it all
* Meow13 or whatever number it was - a gentle voice, implausibly innocent

And yes, the old guys like LB, Brigante, Rudra Joe.  Rick - I guess you did not
invite Sharalyn Harris to come back?

I'm gone only because I do not have the time to do my presence here justice.
Other fish to fry.

My wishes?
1. That Judy and Turq would limit their personal attacks, chidings, baitings,
name-callings, and innuendos to direct emails between themselves, sparing us
all forever.
2. That the spirit of openness and curiosity that seems to prevail much more
now than in the past will thrive.

But who cares what I think?  Just an old-timer in to say hello.

As you were...