One of the things that has been most dismaying for me the last week is
to watch the parade of 9/11 articles parading across Internet portals.
>From the point of view of an expat, this seems to me to be a lot like a
lot of people trying to make a buck from a tragedy.

Think I'm exaggerating? Cruise HuffPost or Salon or Slate or CNN and
count the number of links leading to articles or videos or slide
presentations playing off of the buildup to the 10th anniversary of
9/11/2001. 9/11 is being marketed as if it were a product. If I were
American I'd be ashamed. Oh wait. I am.