Another instance of this on this forum is how
MZ views what he does as "missionary work." He
is preaching to the poor, deluded people who
still believe in the enlightenment metaphor,
and trying to convince them (for their own good,
of course) to climb on board the Jesus Bang Bus.
Again, the metaphor is "Be like me."

RESPONSE: Barry, you couldn't be more wrong here. What you say here is the same
as my insisting you are now located in America rather than Europe. No matter
what you post, I  will continue to believe you are here in North America. Are
you dead or something? Try at least to get the *facts* right, even though you
perversely are incapable of understanding my philosophy. By the very nature of
what I believe in I *cannnot* provide any spiritual solution to the present
predicament of human beings in this universe. Curtis represents the person
closest to my own way of seeing things, and his philosophy in some purely
theoretical sense is the opposite to my own. If you want to say I have
converted Curtis to my point of view, then, I guess you are right. But Curtis
doesn't believe this is the case. Are you going to refute him in this?

Your problem, Barry, is that something has hit you so hard neurologically and
psychologically, that you have lost the capacity seemingly to be hurt into the
truth. Your experience of existing in the universe has taken on a monolithic
form which deprives you of the existential kick that is there in every moment.
You want proof of this? Just observe what your mind is doing right in this
moment: it is refusing, a priori and involuntarily, to do anything but react to
what I am saying. You can't take in even the content of what is being presented
to you in this moment. That you are intelligent and discerning and interesting
as a person is undeniable if I am to go by many of your posts. But take Judy's
persistent attempt to set you straight: you walk away from that challenge, and
carry on blithely as if no one has ever scored an important point—to the
detriment of your own sense of well-being.

This anaesthetizing of your own personal consciousness to that which would have
you become vulnerable and open (even while maintaining a necessary
disinterestedness) goes unrecognized by yourself, and in the instance of
myself, you entirely miss—each and every time—what I am saying. For example, in
this segment of your latest post which I have quoted here: I don't even believe
that Christ exists anymore: How do you fit *that* into your interpretation of
my motives? And I have absolutely nothing to offer up to anyone at FFL—or
anywhere else—which could constitute some form of spiritual truth which could
affect their consciousness—or their souls. I write on FFL *for my own
benefit*—my motives are identical to those of Curtis.

Wake up, Barry.