> > So I am trying on another version of nondualism which
> > involves a bit of reductionism that labels the mind
> > body split as an illusion, an artifact of how our
> > brain operates...

maskedzebra:
> Am I all alone in exclaiming how beautifully wise and
> sober and acute this analysis is?

Well, it hasn't been established that the world of the
senses is an "illusion" - that may be an assumption.

If this world we experience is just a dream, an illusion,
then what is the constructed character of knowing? Are
we each dreaming the same dream - it would seem so, since
we all agree that a table is a table and a door is a door.

There is a lot to be said about accepting the mind-body
duality as reality. It makes a lot more sense to accept
the duality rather than accept that events are an
illusion and therefore, not real.

Who in their right mind would climb to the top of a red
ant hill on fire and shout "I don't exist - it's all
just an illusion!"

Adyashanti: "Get rid of all of your illusions and what's
left is the truth. You don't find truth as much as you
stumble upon it when you have cast away your illusions."