From: Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2011 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Origin of bija mantras

I read Feurstein's book but I find him more a "spectator" and not a
practitioner. FYI, I've study with a Tantric Samrat which is a level
above Tantric Acharya and I've achieved Sidh Tantric (mastery of tantric
siddhis). I don't know if I'll ever get much farther than that as it's
more a young person's thing. My teacher started when he was 16.

You'll find a lot of different opinions about the beej (Indians
pronounce it this way) mantras in the subtleties of their use. They are
also used as sampat for longer mantras. I also think that MMY actually
used the beej mantras because they had a quick effect and could be
taught without shaktipat (other than that produced by performing the
puja). The advanced technique is of course a longer mantra (and
recommended to learn after 1 1/2 years). Other paths will just teach a
longer mantra along with giving shaktipat. There is a controversy
though about giving the public "agni" mantras and most feel only Shiva
and Shanti mantras should be given for basic techniques.

The sad thing is that much of this kind of information though given out
by teachers of other traditions wasn't given to at least the TM
teachers. Hence funny guesses about beej mantras here. ;-)