Dear Bhairitu, one religious tradition at a time! I am still learning about M
and Advaitic thought. But one day I will take the time to explore it.
Cheers
Bill

From: Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Origin of bija mantras

Nonsense. I said "hang out" not "become a disciple." I've talked with
many an Indian (I had Indian employees where I worked) about these
things. It was insightful to hear how a typical Indian grew up in the
Brahmin catechism (or sometimes didn't). I also attended many a vedic
astrology conference where many of us hung out with Indian astrologers,
some who were tantrics. And of course I've also been to India.

Reading books is more likely to lead to confusion unless you hold them
at arm's length in opinion. Another series I meant to mention would be
Dr. Robert Svoboda's trilogy on tantra. I use to like to pin him and
Hart DeFouw down on their tantric learning and especially about mantra
shastra. Both were initiates and not spectators.

The problem for TMers has been this "purity of the teaching" thing which
could just as well be "keep TM in it's package." At those astrology
conferences I knew folks who were still strongly involved in the TMO but
stil interested in learning from people from other paths. They could
keep things sorted in their minds. And I doubt that they were ever
banned from "the Domes."