While I understand the strong emotions involved in wanting to "replay"
all of the events of 9/11, I think it's important for at least one voice
on this forum to point out that in spiritual terms what we're talking
about is classic attachment to a set of afflictive emotions, and a
conscious attempt to *stay* attached.

9/11 inspired for Americans a very real and palpable sense of several
afflictive emotions -- fear, anger, outrage, and the desire for revenge.
ALL of these emotions have basically defined the national character of
the United States Of America in the ten years since the event. Indulging
in these afflictive emotions has cost the country its stature, its
credibility, its civil liberties, trillions of dollars, thousands of
lost lives, the bankruptcy of its economy, and more.

So what does the country -- aided by the same media that supported its
unconscionable post-9/11 wars and loss of its own liberties -- DO when
confronted by the ten-year anniversary of 9/11? They stage an
over-the-top media frenzy, the very *idea* of which is to get viewers to
wallow in the afflictive emotions of the original event as much as
humanly possible, to bring them to the top of everyone's emotional
processing stack, and activate them again.

Starting to feel as if there is more to life than fear, anger, outrage,
and the desire for revenge? That's UnAmerican. Watch these videos, and
you'll be politically correct again, wallowing in the same afflictive
emotions you've been wallowing in for the last ten years. GOTTA
perpetuate the fear. GOTTA perpetuate the anger. GOTTA perpetuate the
outrage. GOTTA perpetuate the desire for revenge. Just GOTTA. It's the
American way.

The Spanish got over having one of their bullet trains bombed by
terrorists in a month, without descending into the maelstrom of hate and
lashing out that America did. The British public did mostly the same
thing w.r.t. the bombings in the London Underground (mostly...its
government went the other direction, and tried to emulate the American
way of indulgence in these afflictive emotions). Americans? They just
seem to want more of the same.

I would suspect that this media indulgence in the past probably got the
highest ratings of any TV shows in years. And I also suspect that as a
result many in yesterday's audience are as established in wallowing in
the same afflictive emotions today as they were on 9/12/2001. THAT, in
my opinion, was the whole point.