Within the TM community evidently there are progressive (secular) Hagelin-ites
who would like to see people meditating (doing TM) for good reasons as a common
bond on the one hand, and then the reactionary conservative Bevanistas or
"Maharishi-saids" on the other hand who fight (often ruthlessly) for their
doctrine of faith and belief in Maharishi.

The long-term numbers parsed seem to show the Bevan-nistas to be winning out,
with progressive TM in a rear-guard decline.  (late 2011)
http://invincibleamerica.org/tallies.html