--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > This wasn't about what prevents one from being
> > enlightened but rather what "ignorance" feels
> > like in the body.
>
> I love the way you put ignorance in quotes here, Judy! And wonder
> what would happen if one ceased to label these specific feelings
> as "ignorance" or "unpleasant" and instead decided to try on the
> story that they are simply unfamiliar or mislabeled manifestations
> of "God" or bliss, while we merely sat with them, and allowed them
> to breathe (i.e. imagined our nose to be where they are and that
> they were actually breathing for us), resting easily into them,
> while being narrowly focussed into whatever portion of our body
> they happened to be in *this* moment...

I'm afraid there are limits to my imagination.

Seriously, Rory, that kind of stuff just doesn't
resonate with me.  It feels like the spiritual
equivalent of the worst kind of psychobabble.

Transcending, I get.  It works for me; it's taking
me in the right direction.  What I described has
become less and less compelling, less "sticky,"
over the years.

I'm not complaining about my situation, as some
would like you to believe (because it provides
greater opportunities for them to make putdowns).

My "complaint," such as it is, has always been
about people telling me I can't trust my own
experience and should believe what I'm told
my experience "really" is by those whose
experience is different.