--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> <snip>
> > To this day, I am completely *comfortable* with the concept
> > that everything I know is wrong. This idea causes me not
> > the least bit of discomfort. In fact, I find some comfort
> > in the notion. Go figure.
> >
> > Compare and contrast to many on this forum, who might be...
> > uh...somewhat challenged by the idea that everything they
> > know is wrong.
>
> Good thing you're comfortable with being wrong. You
> won't mind being wrong about the above, then.
>
> But if you're so comfortable with being wrong, how come
> you hardly ever acknowledge any of your many mistakes?
>
> (BTW, you've picked up a real tick with that "...uh..."
> affectation. It would be fine if you were to use it
> sparingly, but using it so frequently just makes you
> look pretentious.)

What realisation does is it comes in at a right angle to everything you know,
and everything you thought is seen to be defective. Absolutely stunning. But it
is not a badge of honor to be wrong. It just proves you were defective. It is a
happy experience, nonetheless. But it does not get you completely over the
hill. You have to start over and piece together life with a new understanding,
realising that this new understanding is just as defective as what previously
was entertained as truth, and if not careful, one can become prideful about it,
and undoing pride is painful, and it may be impossible to avoid this.