I noticed that John said that 'Consciousness exists and will continue to do so
forever in the Unified Field.' That would seem to imply that consciousness is
embedded in a container called the Unified Field, and that the two are
different, that the Unified Field is not consciousness, and is 'bigger'. Is
that what John intended to mean?

A system of belief is a system of ideas one has that one thinks are true, but
that one does not know are true, otherwise belief would not be a requirement to
maintain these thoughts in this manner. Belief is a surrogate for truth. Does
this mean we can never know anything? We are zombies living in a dream?