Ennanri Konraarkkum uyvundaam uyvillai
seynnanri konra makarku

It may be Possible for men to earn
Redemption from all other sins
But from the sin of ingratitude
None has escaped ever since 11:110

Every sin is redeemable on earth but not ingratitude, insists the saint poet in
the approved manner. The scriptures have always held ingratitude as the worst
form of human demeanor for which the penalty is "hell".

Of all the soul-destroying sins, ingratitude is the very worst, according to
Valluvar.