On Nov 2, 2011, at 4:22 PM, Vaj wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2011, at 5:08 PM, Bhairitu wrote:
>
>> Interesting article on Steve Jobs dietary quirks (not too unlike some
>> quirks people have here) and comments by nutritional experts:
>> http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/02/8598251-the-strange-eating-habits-of-steve-jobs
>

> Yeah, Jobs (whose strange health habits were fairly well known) reminds me a
> lot of TM Org and other New Ages faddists: weird diets, odd supplementation
> regimes, unusual approaches to disease and avoidance of modern mainstream
> healthcare. Often these are taken to obsessive and excessive levels: worrying
> about the latest-greatest supplements or dosing up on Indian or Chinese herbs
> to the point of heavy-metal overload.

It was the carrots-and-apples-for-weeks that
kind of got to me.  Besides overload, really
boring.   Probably explain his shifting
moods too. Not such a great idea being CEO of a
major company, holding meetings, etc while you're
basically starving yourself.  Wonder what his
wife's take on all of that including his
unconventional ideas on his cancer treatment was.

> Jobs clearly signed his own death certificate with the strange idea that he
> could force a rare form of pancreatic CA into remission through diet.
> Occasionally you'll see someone who gets lucky with such an approach, but
> almost invariably these types just suddenly disappear. Gone.
>
> The only good news in this case is now I may eventually get Flash on my iPad…

Really?  So then they should work with, say,
Amazon instant videos?  That would be nice.
Just one more thing to thank Steve for.

Sal

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional