--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > That is a wonderful insight. We repeat the lie of separation
> > > over and over again, over so many years. One day we wake up
> > > laughing, no longer seeing the lie. The lie is the pathway to
> > > truth, life is the deepest teacher. We repeatedly bang our
> > > head against the wall, but that cannot last. The wall banging
> > > comes to a stop. The lie cannot survive, it just takes some
> > > intense living of the lie for it to shrivel naturally from
> > > its own lack of foundation.
> >
> > Non sequitur and whopping category error.
> >
> > FAIL.
>
> I do not think tartbrain was taking a test for receiving a grade.

Life is a classroom, experience is a teacher, probably the ultimate one (trace
that lineage). Yet, I am unsure what a grade means in this class. Perhaps its
Pass /Fail, a UC Santa Cruz of life.

I like the notion of fail. There is no resolution. Of anything. Life is the
playground of failure, loose ends, no tidy completions, incomprehensiveness,
wonder, a trans-sequitur Pollack painting, a ball of string and stringy knots,
a kleenx-box of mind states.  Failure in all of this is natural. No one leaves
here with a passing grade.

The leaving of that, the letting go, being A-OK with that is such a vast
relief, like a long sigh of Atlas, a rush of vayu across the sky, an air gun
with 12 foot nozzles blasting the mind, leaving a fresher view.

When we find a string in the ground, we pull on it, we absorb, or are absorbed
by the sequence it creates within our minds. That sequence may be different
from person to person. Indeed, it would be odd if it were otherwise. To premise
one perfect correct sequence for all people in all times is funny.

And laughter is a means, and the end of, letting go of the need for
completeness and resolution. Laughter is sensing the gap between and within the
attempts at tidiness of all things, matters, ideas and quests.

I happened across the last part of Annie Hall recently. It closes with the
story of a guy talking to his psychiatrist. "My brother thinks that he is a
chicken". "Why don't you turn him in" the doc asks.  "I would but I need the
eggs."  My mind thinks there are differences and that it can find resolution of
them out there. It needs the eggs. Or so I have thought.

> His response may be a non sequitur. (You will have to explain to me the
> category error Judy, as I have trouble with categories these days.) You have
> a very linear, logical mind, I think I used to be that way. Your mind is too
> tightly focused sometimes. tartbrain is describing the spontaneous unfolding
> of enlightenment,

no, just the unfoldment of life.

>that aspect of the process of awakening where you basically have no control
>over how it is going to proceed.

becoming aware that there is no real control. More like the car on a areal
merry-go-round sort of thing found in amusement parks. To kids, it "looks" like
they are driving.

>This is in fact the principle of TM. But outside of meditation, this other
>thing is going on, just like meditation,

"take it as it comes" applies to both, an underrated, often cliche-accused, gem.

>unraveling what we think the ultimate goal of meditation is going to be like,
>and also every other aspect of what we think our life is about.

Interesting quest. Defining first, what is life about. And then, what it should
be about. And how it will be about later. And what it will be about when we
arrive. Its about resolutions. What if there is no car, no road, no place, no
resolutions.