On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Vaj <vajradh...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2011, at 2:05 PM, Tom Pall wrote:
>
> I suspect Maharishi didn't talk about chakras because he truly did
> practice Yogurt Lite.   We'd do a lifetime of meditation and the <Begin
> laughter> sidhis </End laughter> then eventually reconvene a few centuries
> in the future to join into doing some serious work on our karma and
> consciousness.    Maharishi's final words to Invincible: fine points about
> consciousness.  Nothing with respect to the subtle or gross body.  Perhaps
> this is because Maharishi spent his life in denial.  His heart, kidneys,
> eyes, hearing and peripheral nerves were destroyed by diabetes he refused
> to treat.   After a while you start to wonder if his constant references to
> "the" neck, "the" heart, "the" body weren't just for emphasis.  Perhaps he
> was happily trying to be dissociated from his body.   BTW, SSRS says we
> don't drop the body.  The body drops us.
>

> It depends on the practitioner. It's not unusual to be trained in
> transferring the consciousness outside the body - and it's not unusual to
> find 'it works' before you ever die.
>
> ---
>
> An old and interesting account of learning phowa, transference of
> consciousness.
>
> Late in my life, I practised Pho-wa ["transference"; Skt.: saMkrAnti], an
> esoteric Tibetan technique for rebirth in the Pure Land, which had not been
> introduced in China before. The teaching is based on the principle that
> when someone who is due to be reborn in the Western Paradise is dying, his
> consciousness will leave through the Aperture of Brahma (in the top of his
> skull): thus one is taught to repeat mantras to open this aperture and to
> practise regularly so that one can follow a similar path at the moment of
> death. In 1933, when I was sixty-one, I had already received this Dharma
> from the Tibetan guru No Na who had urged me to practise it at home
> (which I did) unsuccessfully. In the spring of 1937, when I was
> sixty-five, I heard that the guru Sheng Lu was teaching this Dharma in Nanking
> and that all those participating in the four previous meetings had
> succeeded in opening the Aperture of Brahma. As the fifth and last meeting
> was soon to take place at the Vairochana temple, I went to Nanking and put
> my name down to attend it.
>
> I arrived on the first of April to receive the initiation, which was very
> much more complicated than the one previously given me by the guru No Na. I
> was taught a vajra mantra as the first step in the practice. It was not a
> long one but the method of visualization was very elaborate. It had to be
> repeated one hundred thousand times, but since I had only a few days at my
> disposal, I did so as many times as I could.
>
> After the first day, I stayed in a lodging house and closed the door of my
> room to concentrate on repeating the mantra. Before midday on the ninth, I
> had done so sixty-two thousand times, and in the afternoon I returned to
> [...]
Vaj, this is kind of long but very amusing.    I think in my spare time I'm
going to take my imagination to the gates of Hell and practice tugging on
them.   Perhaps with sufficient practice I'll be able to tug them open with
my intention.   We'll know when there are all these astral bats flying out
of Hell that I succeeded.