Dear Jason,

Compare the rhetoric of this last post of yours with the two previous ones.

This disturbs me. If you were able to express yourself like you have in this
last post, why did you Mr Hyde yourself in those first two?

In the non-technical sense (literary) sense of the word, this seems
schizophrenic. Or else—I must withhold, given what you say here, this other
interpretation— it is classic Vaj.

So, then, you only meant to insult whynotnow and Amsterdam. This seems peculiar
to me, since it is  unusual for someone to take a violently negative position
about two persons who are in conflict. The tendency is to assume you are for
one or the other. Evidently in this case, that is not true.

I will, out of deference to your good will in this, leave that aside, then,
except to say that whatever are the merits of whynotnow's claim to be
enlightened, he writes with passion and sincerity, and in this particular case,
he is hitting his mark. For your judgment of him to stick, you should have
found something else to quote, as you lampoon yourself by not recognizing the
appositeness of his little dialogue. I must suppose that the adjudication of
Big Sur did not bother you in the least, then, even as he was commenting
favourably on whynotnow's little dialogue.

As for myself, you have called me a fucking asshole, a pseudo-enlightened
nutball [like that, Sal?] with verbal diarrhea, with a mouth of a high speed
computer and the intuition of a snail.

So, then, I must assume a person is an asshole for not giving out their
personal e-mail address to strangers, that is, strangers who ask for this
information, with the intention to send e-mails to oneself. It seems to me,
Jason, there are quite a few fucking assholes out there who would sympathize
with me (especially given the circumstances: someone who lied about me, and
published that lie to the world); more than this, most everyone would have been
surprised had I acceded to Vaj's request. You are going to have to deal with
this fact.

"Pseudo-enlightened nutball": This will not hold, dear Jason baby: I have
disavowed my enlightenment—No: I refuse to even address this issue. To call me
a pseudo-enlightened nutball does not get at the truth of my experience, not
any of my long posts about my enlightenment. In saying this you avoid dealing
with the complexity of the reality of my purported enlightenment. It is nil ad
rem.

"Verbal diarrhea": well, I suppose a case can be made for saying that the value
of a given post at FFL lies in the eye of the beholder. There are others here
at FFL—a few anyway: and some of them seem reasonably sophisticated and
intelligent—who do not share this view of me—at least not to make all that I
write rendered into fecal material. I think there is substance in what I say;
but, Jason, if you can ferret out some examples of "verbal diarrhea" I will be
happy to go under the knife.

"Intuition of a snail": this is interesting, because this I consider the most
developed part of me—and I have felt this to be the case since I was even a
baby, when I started having my own thoughts. Again, I would like you to
present—just for *my sake*—examples of my failure of intuition. (Assuming that
you are not some biologist who has studied the intelligence of snails—and you
mean this as a compliment—in that case it would another instance of having
misinterpreted you.)

I shall be interested, Jason, to really pin down what made you go off in those
two posts. You were out of control there. And you seemed to be venting a lot of
rage—false, artificial, in my book. But I could hardly not answer you the way I
did, given my understanding of what was going on in you in those two posts.

Whynotnow seems a normal and civilized and intelligent human being, regardless
of whatever he claims to have attained in terms of a particular state of
consciousness. I am very interested in the whole matter of enlightenment—and I
have posted extensively about this, too. What is it about whynotnow,
specifically, which constitutes, for you, the disqualification for him saying
that he is enlightened? Now don't misunderstand me: I do not believe
enlightenment to be a normal state of consciousness. That said, I find myself
more or less ignoring whynotnow's references to his enlightenment, and taking
him as he seems in his posts. And I think him a gentle, wise, sane, and
quick-witted person.

I think I have answered your question about your preceding post being
"manufactured by a perverse charity". I interpreted that post—I will return to
it now after posting this—to be a perfect counter-response to what has been
said to Barry and Vaj. Therefore you must have been referring to the two
persons who were quoted in that post: Big Sur Commerce and whynotnow.

Evidently you were not.

Are you known to have extreme fluctuations of mood, Jason?

Because, as I have said here, this last post of yours in comparison to your two

Well, at least you have got me being my polite and gracious Canadian self.

Robin

Fucking asshole, He just wants to send you a
private message. So have a chat with him in
private.
So, now you fuck with the Pope, do you? A
pseudo-enlightened nutball like you with verbal
diarrhea you seem to have a mouth of a high speed
computer and the intuition of a snail.

What do you mean the preceding post was
manufactured by a perverse charity?

What I meant is Jim and Barry are made for each
other.  One is pseudo-enlightened and the other is
a pseudo-critic who stripteases on internet
forums.

>From Maharishi to Constantine you have come a
pretty long way.  Atleast give a clear answer why
you refuse a private message from Vajra boy.