--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, zarzari_786 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >

> > And that's the reason you were admitted. They may want to punish you, >with
> > the programs you already learned, but didn't sign you off as a >potential
> > customer.
> >

> It is true, there is an ambient aspect of fear there over 'place'.   As I
> interview people folks do speak to that bad feeling of fear in the dome as a
> thing that gets pointed to as a reason by people who don't like meditating in
> the domes who are not going to the domes. It is a feeling.

Yes! Quite honest, - I am out of TM since a long time -, I wouldn't want to
meditate there either. In my case it wouldn't be the fear, - I don't belong
there any more -, it is more the restricted, 'cultic' mindset which I despise.
The same would be true for meditating with any TMer today - of course it
depends on the person and the situation. But, if some TM people would invite me
to group meditation, thinking I am still one of them, I would definitely feel
uneasy about it. If it would be anonymous, lets say in a train, it would be
okay.

> That there is an ambient fear in the place because of the essential culture
> of the movement administration for so long.

Yes, and it is also in the heads of the people there. They are proud to be
TMers. They feel special about it. In addition, as you describe, there is an
alienation of many people with the movement. Quite honestly, with all your
desires for group program that I can surely understand, I don't see how you fit
in there any more. You are already too much of a free spirit, just like myself,
and many here. It would be hard to hang out with dogmatic types.

>The way people describe it, fear is like a marination in the meditation.  That
>is sad and evidently an old problem as the dome numbers with the community
>show.

That culture has been established there, it is ultimately Maharishi who
defended it - the fear, citing the Upanishads. So, with people like Bevan on
the top, how will this change? I can understand, that people, who have never
been exposed to the internal workings of the movement, like Ophra, don't
perceive it, and are enthusiastic about it, but if she would be in the movement
longer, without special treatment, she would perceive it as well.