--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> Our Tradition

<snip>

Vaj, I think it is good you provide the sources for the points you just made.

Among many other things, I like this last paragraph of Swami Rama especially.
It also touches on the thing you just mentioned, which is typical of indian
sages, as they may have taken vows not to talk negative about other religions
or masters. I have learned this point especially by coming across a Jain
teaching, who places great emphasis on non-violence, exactly in the way as
described below.

This teaching of non-violence, with respect to religion means that you will not
condemn any religious teaching or insult anybody like a nun or a monk from a
different sect. It is an important mindset to cultivate, which does not mean
that one has to agree with everything, any religion says, quite obviously, but
it means accepting the reality of different believers as different facets of
one greater truth.

If you hurt somebodies emotions, with regard to his deepest convictions, is
like a physical agression. It creates karma, and will continue to do so.