--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, zarzari_786 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > > Well, there is a dark side to such beliefs and one is that
> > > molestations and criminal behavior can go on unreported.
> > > Satya Sai Baba is a great example. So is Swami Rama for that
> > > matter. So for situations like this HH the Dalai Lama says
> > > when a practioner is involved in such egregious behavior, it
> > > needs to be made known via the media.
> >
> > Well, agreed. Still, its a good thing to keep in mind on a
> > more general basis. This applies to religions in general,
> > but of course I have my own preferences. It also applies to
> > TMers here for me, even though I might get sarcastic at
> > times. But then this is a forum dedicated to a critical
> > view of TM.
>
> Indeed. You can therefore be sure that any TMers who have
> hung around here for any length of time have developed
> very thick skins. Or they're masochists. Either way, you
> don't really need to worry about being gentle with us. ;-)

Speak for yourself. The fact that I was known to associate with
sado-masochistic strippers at the coffee house where I hung out late at night
didn't mean that I got involved with them physically/romantically...

Though it WAS fun to win bets with unsuspecting rubes that I could walk up and
grope two in the ass without getting slapped (having been their late night
masseur for months previously, I just walked up, explained the bet, and groped,
eliciting a hug afterwards, as well as a dropped jaw from the guy who made the
bet).

Lawson