The 18th, eh? I have marked it down in my calendar. Now I have time to prepare
my mind and heart for this day. Providence, you see, works in wonderful ways: I
now have two birthdays to look forward to: Barry's and Christ's. That seems
somehow very fitting.

The Christ one would have come as no surprise of course. But to have been
informed on the very day that it was Barry Wright's birthday, that would have
caught me by surprise, and I might just have felt the Scrooge contraction in my
soul. As it is, I can now anticipate this moment before it is upon me, and thus
find the required internal posture of appreciation (one of Maharshi's favourite
words—it was what was supposed to take you from CC to GC, remember?).