As a public service, might I remind people of the proper,
approved spiritual technique for dealing with a street
crazy? You know, one of those angry bag ladies or gnarly
old guys who suddenly jump out at you as you're walking
peacefully down the street and then rant at you?

Some might be tempted to interact with them, as they go
on and on and on -- spewing literally thousands of words
at you or anyone else who passes -- as if they were really
talking to them. But they're not. They're talking to them-
selves, and trying desperately to get someone -- anyone --
to talk back to them as if they were either sane, or worth
talking to. But they're not. Doing so is not only a waste
of your time, it reinforces the crazy person's delusions.

In my experience, the most effective technique for dealing
with crazies like this, whether you run into them on the
street or on the Internet, is to reply using a single-word
magical mantra -- "Whatever" -- and then walk away.

Anything else is going to turn out like punching Uncle
Remus' tarbaby. Just sayin'...