"...reply using a single-word magical mantra -- "Whatever" -- and then walk
away. Anything else is going to turn out like punching Uncle
Remus' tarbaby. Just sayin'..."

Just sayin', here you are in your sixties, and afraid to even respond to most
of those who engage you on the forum, terrified almost, that you will be sucked
into a tar-like vortex, from which you are unable to escape on your own.

You have made such a totem out of judging others here, that now after years of
digging that groove in your head (that's a pun...), you are so weak that even a
word of meaningful response, where you are held accountable, even that small
reflection of energy from you is now seen in your hallucinatory state as the
inevitable road to a hellish tarbaby-like interaction - gooey, dirty and
inescapable.

You are so attached to your reflected self in this imaginary interaction that
you write reams about it, what it will be like, how it will feel, all your
defenses arrayed against the great evil: Responding to someone here as an equal.

Two things:
1) You take what is said around here WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.
2) You take yourself WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.

Lighten up. Take a dump. Have a cup of coffee. Think before you write. Lose
your fear and grow a pair. Get over yourself.