 From: futur.musik <futur.mu...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 9:17 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: whynotnow7 = futur.musik

Fear of death:

This year, and Thank God they aren't all like this, I got my start on death
with my only Aunt's passing on Valentine's Day, February 14th. I saw her
several times in the hospice, having been alerted to her condition. She was not
very responsive, then I meditated at her bedside with my wife. After perhaps 10
or 15 minutes I looked up from the foot of her bed and she was staring fixedly
at me, as if to say goodbye, and then was gone. She was 95.

Then after we had returned home to California, I received a phone call May 21st
that my step-mother was dying. Very suddenly. Although I rushed to NC, we were
not in time. We stayed for the funeral and my Dad attended though he was in a
wheelchair, and slipping fast. At her funeral, I saw her standing next to my
father, as the congregation was focused on the casket. She was 84.

After that, I was out to clear my dad and stepmom's place, and my Dad was
declining until August 1st, when he passed away. It was a glorious ascension
for him, and I was happy to see him go! He was 88.

So after all of that, I am OK with whatever comes next. I have seen too many of
us pass into the next world to doubt that reality, although that doesn't mean I
understand the phenomenon, nor wish for it, at all. I just have no fear
whatsoever of the event called death.