--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <jedi_spock@> wrote:
<snip>
> > Basicaly, there are two types of Gods.  The personal god of
> > Abraham, Issac and Jacob.  And the god of the Spinoza,
> > absolutely impersonal having no special people and no active
> > interst in causation.
<snip>
> > Do you think a babbling moron like Robin can make
> > distinctions between the two?
>
> Robin hasn't really clarified or expanded on his theological
> views.  I believe he does make this distinction, but has
> given priority to the personal as being more real in some
> unexplained sense.

Actually he's done quite a bit of explaining of this very
point. It may not be clear to you--and it's not all that
clear to me either--but he's taken a number of stabs at it.

One of the most detailed, in fact, was in a discussion he
and I began about a quote from MMY. I got bogged down in
the complexities and had to promise him I'd get back to
it eventually, which I haven't managed to do yet. His
last contribution to the discussion was post #295624, if
anybody's interested. He put particular importance on a
quote from Gerard Manley Hopkins that appears about two-
thirds of the way down the post. It doesn't necessarily
cover all the bases, but it does provide a rationale for
the priority Robin gives to "the personal as being more
real."