--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:
<snip>
> I think Curtis' view is a good one. I think Robin's problem
> is he cannot let go of the personal. You cannot control people
> without personal interaction. Enlightenment is about passing
> beyond the personal to the impersonal, letting the ego dissolve.

You do understand that Robin does not claim to be enlightened
and is not seeking enlightenment, that he thinks it's a snare
and a delusion, that he believes he was enlightened decades
ago and has made a huge effort since then to "de-enlighten"
himself, with what he feels is significant success? Robin
most emphatically has no intention of "passing beyond the
personal to the impersonal." According to him, he's been there,
done that, got the T-shirt, wore it for awhile, and then very
deliberately ripped it to shreds so he could get *back* to the
personal. He doesn't want to have anything more to do with
enlightenment.