> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > You are welcome to believe this.  Personally I don't.
> > The "goal" of 8000 butt-bouncers could have been
> > achieved decades ago if Maharishi had really wanted
> > the ME theory put to the test.
>
> And if the test didn't work as predicted, the TMO would
> simply have died.

IMO, the TM movement *did* die long ago.  It's just
that a lot of people within the movement were so
isolated from the real world that they never got
the telegram.  :-)

> > The money was *always*
> > available to pay for such an experiment to be done. It
> > wasn't done.
>
> The goal has been for a very long time to create a *permanent*
> group. The money needed for a permanent group is far more than
> needed for a "test group."

And it always existed in the movement's coffers.  More
than enough.  You're making excuses for an organization
that was never willing to put its own money where its
mouth was.

> > We have annecdotal evidence that he even
> > admitted to the Kaplans that he *didn't* want it done,
> > that he *didn't* want it put to the test.
>
> Only as the ultimate test of the viability of the TMO.

I guess that the area in which we differ the most is
in your belief that the TMO is, in any way, still
"viable."  My opinion is that pretty much the ONLY
people on the planet who know anything about the TMO
or *care* are those who are still within the TMO or
those who used to be.  Anything that the TMO does is
basically irrelevant to everyone else, a mere curiosity
to write page-47 articles about to be read by people
whose first reaction is invariably, "Are those kooks
still around?"

The TBs would like to *believe* that life in the real
world revolves around them and that the fate of the
world depends upon them, but it just ain't so.  In
a very real sense, 99.99% of the world doesn't know
they exist and never will.  The grand schemes are
merely an attempt to perpetuate a myth of grandiosity
that was never true in the movement's heyday and is
now merely laughable.