--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_reply@...> wrote:

> BTW, listen to a genuine(?) *harmonic* seventh of blues, which,
> I believe is impossible to play on a piano:
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dd/Harmonic_seventh_on_C.mid
>
> To me, that sounds almost intoxicating.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_seventh

Wiki:

"An interval close in frequency is the harmonic seventh, or septimal minor
seventh,[9] with an exact 7:4 ratio (i.e., 1.75), which makes it
quasi-harmonically significant. This interval is about 969 cents, or one-third
of a semitone flatter than the equal-temperament minor seventh (1000 cents)."

Just split the keyboard of my digi-piano, let the left side
be, and lowered the right side 31 cents, to get the "genuine"
blues harmonic seventh. Then played C on the left side
and Bb on the right side, simultaneously. Did I get it right?