--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:
> >
> > On Jan 6, 2012, at 4:33 PM, Emily Reyn wrote:
> >
> > > Ahhh, you are not sitting high enough up in the tree, Vaj.  Move up a few
> > > branches.
> >
> > What you don't seem to understand is, this was once a great list, till Judy
> > and her ilk showed up (no offense intended). Most of the great posters fled
> > and never looked back.
>
> I've been here since the earliest days and it has always been
> a contentious forum, because people have strong views about TM,
> both for and against. I'm wondering who the great posters were
> who fled.

Just for the record, excerpts from two posts from December
2002 from LB Shriver, mentioned here as one of the "great
posters":

"To dismiss someone's experience the way you have and say
that it means 'nothing' is just the mark of someone who is too
prejudiced or too lazy to research an opinion that others could
regard as worthy of consideration. Good luck getting people to
take your other work seriously if this is the best you can do
in a discussion with your peers."--#3165

"...Your posts have repeatedly shown your lack of interest
in healing and softness. Your predictable response is usually an
ad hominem attact in which you assert with emphatic certainty
that those who do not share your views are churlish
misanthropes; immature, less-evolved losers; thought-criminals
and terrorists who for some reason are intent on destroying the
world's only hope for peace and happiness."--#3312

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, eh?