--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wgm4u" <anitaoaks4u@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> >
> > The immediate urgent priority for national
> > invincibility and world peace is to join the
> > Invincible America Course at MUM. Only 2000
> > Flyers, rising to 2500, in Fairfield/Maharishi
> > Vedic City will bring security to America and
> > defuse the precarious escalation of conflict in the world.
>
> "Earl, if we created the group then we don't know
> if it would create World Peace or not",  MMY via
> Earl Kaplan from his letter, "The Truth".

Lawson made an interesting comment awhile back. He
pointed out that the *context* of the discussion
represented by this quote was Earl enthusiastically
assuring MMY that once a large enough group had been
established to demonstrate significant movement
toward world peace, money would begin to flow like a
torrent into TMO coffers.

Lawson thinks Earl may have misquoted MMY due to
misunderstanding, and that what MMY was saying was
that what we didn't know was whether Earl's
prediction about money flowing into the TMO would
pan out. Lawson thinks MMY may have said something
like "We don't know if this would happen or not,"
and Earl assumed "this" referred to world peace
rather than an influx of money. (Or, possibly,
decided it would serve his purposes to interpret
it that way in his letter.)

That seems plausible to me. While it wouldn't be
all that implausible for MMY to have had his
private doubts about large-group practice of the
TM-Sidhis producing world peace, it's virtually
impossible to imagine, as Lawson noted, that he
would have shared such doubt with one of his
biggest donors.

Doubt regarding enough future support from a
grateful world to sustain the group, on the other
hand, is certainly something he might have shared
with Earl, in the interests of persuading Earl to
donate as much as he possibly could *right then*
rather than counting on signs of world peace to
inspire other folks to shower the TMO with money.

Of course, we'll never know for certain (unless Earl
decides to correct his quote). But I'm not sure we
should take Earl's quote of MMY as definitive
regarding MMY's confidence in the effect of the
TM-Sidhis.

(Caveat: This is not an argument for the effectiveness
of the TM-Sidhis but purely a speculation as to what
MMY actually said in his conversation with Earl. That
should be obvious, but some folks here prefer to take
things the wrong way if it serves their agenda.)