--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

> -- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> >
> > Yep, I should hope the FFL moderators would enforce the highest levels of
> > civility here.  This one guy is manifiestly bad.  "When in doubt, kick them
> > out".  Tough love.  Are the threads of FFL to be thus polluted with his
> > abusive crap?  No, unsubscribe him now.  We don't need his kind of abusive
> > crap in the threads of FFL.  We've got much more important things to talk
> > about here. Git rid of him.  He stopped having things to say in any civil
> > way a long while ago.
>
> As much as I really appreciate your kind intention here Doug, I just can't
> reconcile this with the kind of freedom we want here.  This is the case that
> proves the principle isn't it? What is the price of freedom and are we
> willing to pay it?  Personally I am.

You are more  understanding and principled than I would be, Curtis, when it
comes to freedom vs employment and reputation.  While you would hope that
people would not take chat room comments as significant, many people do in fact
not know quite what to believe when they Google someone.  And even lies and
misinformation have an effect, altho the nature and character of Ravi's posts
pretty much informs the reader that the content is likely not true.  Apparently
Ravi is not at this time concerned about his own reputation in all of this -
that concern is what usually provides some sort of boundary.