> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <wayback71@> wrote:
> >
> > You are more understanding and principled than I would be,
> > Curtis, when it comes to freedom vs employment and reputation.
> > While you would hope that people would not take chat room
> > comments as significant, many people do in fact not know
> > quite what to believe when they Google someone.  And even
> > lies and misinformation have an effect, altho the nature
> > and character of Ravi's posts pretty much informs the reader
> > that the content is likely not true.  Apparently Ravi is not
> > at this time concerned about his own reputation in all of
> > this - that concern is what usually provides some sort of
> > boundary.
>
> This is an interesting comment, wayback, and a trend
> that has not escaped me in the past. There seems to be
> a contingent here who really *don't* have any boundaries,
> because they are so convinced that the way they see things
> equals Truth. I have no such illusions. So it sometimes
> escapes me how others can.

This is one of the characteristics of a decent awakening (that is, a clear one)
that one's thoughts are not really true, they just have various degrees of
correspondence with aspects of experience, and the further we get away from
basic 'fact' (what, when, where) in the direction of metaphysics, the greater
the discrepancy. These sentences of mine have no truth guarantee, they are just
trying to paint an image.

For example Zen Master Seung Sahn (of whom I know nothing other than the web
page I found this on) says:

"But everybody thinks, `My opinion is correct!' Even Zen Masters are like this.
Ten Zen Masters will have ten different ways of teaching, and each Zen Master
will think that his way is the best. Americans have an American opinion;
Orientals have an Oriental opinion. Different opinions result in different
actions, which make different karma. So when you hold on to your own opinions,
it is very difficult to control your karma, and your life will remain
difficult."