On Jan 10, 2012, at 11:01 AM, richardatrwilliamsdotus wrote:

> > Here is an exercise that enables one to keep
> > warm in cold weather...

Vaj:
> Lobsang Rampa was a phony fiction writer. These
> are not instructions for heat yoga (caNDAlI-yoga).

Candali (kundalini) is a Sanskrit translation of a
Tibetan word - Tummo.

Actually gtum mo is a Tibetan translation of the Sanskrit.

But, in fact, 'Heat Yoga' was popularized by Bikram
Choudhury. Bikram Yoga's goal is to obtain general
health through hatha yoga poses and pranyama.

Different type of "heat yoga" Willy.

Bikram Choudhury believes that the heated studio
helps with deeper stretching, while reducing stress
and tension. You can find the detailed instructions
in Bikram's 'Pranayama Series' of Hatha Yoga poses,
which are very similar to the instructions of T.
Lobsang Rampa! Go figure.

However, the practice of Tibetan 'Tummo', is the
yoga of generating 'inner' heat. This practice has
been described in detail by W.Y. Evans-Wentz in his
book 'Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines'.

Tummo is a siddha meditation technique, similar to
the practice of TM.

Were you ever instructed in TM? I've been instructed in both TM and chandali-yoga and they're actually nothing alike.