--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@...> wrote:
  For instance, I feel it would be cruel of me to ask you to read my last
long post to Barry. And why is this? Because the extent to which it was
successfully exposing Barry's weakness, is precisely the extent to which
you would not like it. And in fact, you *couldn't* continue to read
it—for this very

I read about a third of it.  And you are right, I *couldn't* read
anymore. But I don't think it is because it exposed Barry's weaknesses.
I think I have a pretty good idea of what are Barry's strengths and his
weaknesses.  But I am not sure if I see the value of such a detailed
dissection of his personality or anyones personality for that matter.

Actually I think I would welcome it for me, and I think you have given
me a little taste.

I think it is a basic tenant for anyone who professes to be a spiritual
path, the notion that those ideas or thoughts that make us uncomfortable
are the ones at which we should look  more closely.  I had thought that
I had incorporated that  idea into way of living.  But perhaps you see
that this is not the case.

That said, I do like Barry.  And I am not embarrassed to say that I have
at times looked up to him as somewhat of an "elder" in this path of
discovering the truth about things.  That is not to say that we haven't
had our falling outs.  I think those have defined the relationship much
more of late.  But it is also true that I dislike being critical of him.
But like anyone else, there are times when one feels they must speak
out, and I feel I have done so on many ocassions when I have found
myself in disagreement with his opinions.

The game tonight had an unhappy ending, for me and the family, at least.
Unfortunately a questionable penalty was called in the last minute of
regulation, and a power play goal was scored by Vancouver shortly into
overtime.

You may recall that one thing that made the Stanley Cup playoffs so
exciting last year was noticeably less penalties called.

The "Great One" was in attendance.  When they panned to him he was
sitting in the regular seats, I guess to give more the appearance of the
"common" man.  But after the first period it appeared that he retired
into one of the private boxes, which is as it should be.  He looked
great.

["You scored, dude. You scored!"]. Understand? Reality has to remake us;
we cannot remake it. Or rather we can; but if we decide to do this with
any kind of dogged determination, then we will wake up in St Louis
wishing to find something which would prove that O.J. really could not
have killed his wife.