--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Every virtuous act has these four traits: controlled knowledge,
> right intention, unwavering purpose, and sense of situation.
> Aquinas

But is every act with those traits virtuous? I would
think not (thinking here of what they say about the
construction of the road to hell - which undoubtedly requires
knowledge of paving, right intention, purpose and
situation).

If not, then presumably these traits are not 'of the essence'
of Virtue?

And if not that, then... Aquinas hasn't said very much has he?
(unless the heavy lifting is done by the word 'right' in
'right intention' - which just makes it circular? What IS 'right
intention'?)