Hey Susan,

This has been a bit of a culture shock for me at FFL.  But I feel you have
given me an opening here to clarify something without being shot out of the
water. And it relates to the conjecturing as to how I happen to have appeared
at FFL at the exact time that I did.

I will tell you something strange. I went to the funeral of a former member of
Robin's group about two weeks ago. I do not associate with the former members
even though many of them live within an hour of me. There are perhaps 20 of
them.  By some fluke, two days earlier the husband of the deceased ex-member
called out to me in the grocery store to say that his wife had died and invited
me to the service. Now, I never see these people and here he was at this moment
with this news. I felt like I should go to the funeral. It was filled with many
of my old Robin acquaintances, really the core group  from years before the
Americans got involved. It was really strange for me but also strangely nice to
see them, to see that they were thriving and happy in their marriages, with
their abundant kids (virtually every one of them are devout Catholics).

Now one of those former members emailed me a few days later listing a whole
whack of links to posts that Robin had made on this site. No one had seen or
heard from him for 25  years so this was big news.  I clicked on some of these
links and FFL was revealed. And I started to read, and read and read and
discovered that it was indeed Robin (no one who was familiar with his writing
could mistake the style, the lack of brevity (!), the brilliance.)

So there I was scrolling down pages and pages of posts and there was one where
he was conversing with Vaj. There was this perfect space created, this fleeting
opportunity to insert my comment because he mentioned something about if anyone
who had really been there with him all those years ago and spoke out he would
know for certain if they had experienced the real deal with him in the context
of a seminar.

And then I just sort of jumped in. It seemed like all these events had colluded
to result in this spontaneous post, it was like it was my cue. There was no
planning, I am not Robin in disguise (d-uh) and I really had no agenda. I still
don't. I have no idea where this is all going.

As of this morning I was definitely not going to stick around. Too much weird
negativity toward me, too much work to make myself heard and the anonymity
aspect gives the wrong kind of license to people who want to behave badly.

If I do stick around here is what you can expect from me: honesty, willingness
to clarify when possible, civility and respect for the same when it is shown to
me. The beauty of the internet is I can just go away in a moment if I need to.

Hopefully you made it to the end of this long post. But I'm still not Robin.