You have been going through a lot Emily. Definitely, as it
is said, "the Full Catastrophe." May your body be well. May
your mind be free of troubles. May your spirit be at peace.
May your life be at ease.

I'm not big on cranial sacral, shamans, or spirit guides. Been
there, done that, burned the t-shirts. I hope it helps you and
does no harm.

You seem to like to read and ponder, so here is a link to Jon
Kabat-Zinn's very well known book.

http://www.amazon.com/Full-Catastrophe-Living-Wisdom-Illness/dp/0385303122/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1/188-8456725-2027335

http://goo.gl/kkuCX

Feeling out of control not a good place to be. The MBSR folks
use a working definition of Mindfullness as "being aware of the
present moment, fully, non-judgmentally, and with acceptance."

I personally like mine sprinkled with a lil Theravada Buddhism,
but find it fascinating how easily it translates to the 21 century
secular world view.

Best wishes and let us know, ok?