> > My solution is to drill for more oil and get
> > it to the refinery as soon as possible so
> > people can have cheap gasoline to get to work
> > at their small or large business job.

Marek:
> Kaufman dismisses as "nonsense" any promises
> that offshore drilling could make the U.S. "oil
> independent...

The key words here are "get it to the refinery".

So let's be practical - if the price of gasoline
goes up, there won't be any end to the current
recession because people won't be able to afford
to drive to get to work.

In order to recover from the recession we are
going to have to have stable prices on oil and
gasoline.

The biggest benefit to the U.S. economy back in
2011 was the consistently declining gas price.
Without stable gas prices you can kiss that
particular one-time stimulus to the economy
goodbye.

"After all, who needs a secure energy source
from a best friend when you can pay a fortune to
buy it from unfriendly people in faraway
unstable places?"

'Obama kills Keystone pipeline plan; Why he did it'
Investors Business Daily:
http://tinyurl.com/86boyyy