--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> We have good evidence, now at any rate, that MMY was real. I saw him, but
> some time in the future, who knows. The mythmaking machine of the TMO is in
> full swing now that MMY is gone. Books are republished, but newly edited, and
> those with religious minds tend to adjust things to their liking. The early
> publication 'Transcendental Meditation', the largely transcribed version of
> the later edition of the Science of Being and Art of Living already shows
> some indications of adjusting wording etc., and this was probably done with
> oversight by MMY himself. That particular control is now in the off position.
> So the original form of the publications the movement has produced from the
> beginning are really valuable documents as to the nature of the phenomenon of
> the spreading of TM. As long as they exist, they can be compared to any
> subsequent version that might see the light of day. If we were to take what
> newspapers and news organisations often write, MMY some day might be decribed
> as just a teacher who taught at one time, the Beatles. The Beatles Guru. What
> if that was all that is left in 1,000 or 2,000 years. There were these
> musicians, and they had this teacher at some point that influenced their
> music.

Already when Maharishi was alive some few people got eternal freedom,
Enlightenment from his technique. And the numbers are rising.
What then in 1000, 2000 years ?
Those musicians will perhaps be remembered but more because of their luck of
being in incarnation at the same time of this greatest Yogi.