--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius" <anartaxius@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"

> > > Already when Maharishi was alive some few people got eternal freedom,
> > > Enlightenment from his technique. And the numbers are rising.
> > > What then in 1000, 2000 years ?
> > > Those musicians will perhaps be remembered but more because of their luck
> > > of being in incarnation at the same time of this greatest Yogi.
> >
> > I think it is a bit too early to make predictions like this. How many
> > Christians are experiencing eternal freedom, enlightenment from the
> > teachings alleged to have come from Jesus?
>

> If there was anything in these rumours, that Jesus taught a technique we
> would know about it, 2000 thousand years is not that long after all. Quite a
> lot would be available but isn't.
> The teachings of Jesus was not for liberation but for the betterment of man
> in general. And I think he did a pretty good job at it.

Nabs,

Actually, there is one similarity between TM and Christianity.  The object of
both paths is unity consciousness, which is exemplified by Jesus.  As mentioned
earlier in one of my posts, Adam and Eve were in the state of unity
consciousness as well, except that they allowed themselves to fall into the
bondage of the gunas.

Jesus did not use any bija mantras.  But his technique is more likely similar
to bhakti yoga in vedic terms.