> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "george"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > i think in the early years maharishi wanted to first establish
> > what, for us, was new knowledge re the eternal message of
> > enlightenment and Absolute Being.  For the sake of us
> > inexperienced westerners, he made the story black-and-white
> > to make it easier to take in.
> >
> > But now he is thinking that since we have been
> > meditating all these years, getting quite established in That.
> > so to speed things along he can introduce more complex
> > additional vedic approaches *in the relative* that support and
> > hasten the growth of Absolute,  so, iow i think you are getting
> > yourself offended by a polarity that is not really there in
truth,
> > but was good for introductory lessons.
>
> Well stated, but it's not really a "polarity" that
> Maharishi is setting up these days.  There is only
> one pole, the relative.
>
> If he were talking about all these "band-aids for the
> relative world" as an *adjunct* to still teaching
> people to meditate, that would support your thesis.
> But he isn't.
>
> There is no TM focus on helping people to help themselves,
> via meditation, anywhere in the world, unless it's in
> the possibly mythical "schools in India."  He's raised
> the prices for TM instruction so high that virtually
> no one is starting TM *anywhere*.  It's like he's
> talking about building the world's tallest building,
> but forgetting to build the foundation first.
>
> If he were balancing all these Grand Schemes by *also*
> providing a program -- paid for by the profits from
> the Grand Schemes -- to offer TM at a reasonable cost,
> I'd have very few problems with the Grand Schemes.
> But he's not.  TM instruction -- offering an easily-
> learned form of basic meditation to people -- is passé.
> He doesn't talk about it any more, and he doesn't do
> anything about it any more.  And I find that terribly
> sad.

IMO Maharishi is demonstrating regularly and spectacularly to anyone
that pays attention to him that enlightenment or awakening or
Brahman or whatever you want to call it, is NOT achieved by
following the Master.

The Master shows you all possibilities, and if he is any good,
brings you to the cliff's edge, and shoves you off, into eternal
freedom. Become your own Master.