--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:
<snip>
> The great thing about being offended on behalf of other
> people is that you can always stay in a state of outrage.

Yes, just imagine what a wonderful world this would be if
nobody ever got outraged on anybody else's behalf. I mean,
we'd most likely still have slavery, gay people would still
all be in the closet, we'd have public hangings, nobody
would be complaining about torturing terror suspects, honor
killings would be just fine--so many things just would never
have been perceived as a problem to be remedied.

Oh, and U.S. soldiers would be able to go crazy and
slaughter innocent civilians in Afghanistan without a peep
from anybody.