> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Well at least ONE reader here knew what I was writing about.
>
> My bad. It never occurred to me that the word "heroics"
> could be used to refer to the soap opera events you had
> just described. I thought you were referring to something
> else from the annals of Robin lore, something you assumed
> I knew about.

I also apologize for trying to riff on your reply "real
time" in a noisy cafe after a couple of Belgian beers
with high alcoholic content. In retrospect, I guess all
I was really trying to accomplish was to find out why
you (or anyone) were so taken by Robin, either "back
in the day" or more recently, on FFL.

Your occasional descriptions of him as "noble" confound
me because I never saw that in the things he wrote here,
back when I was still trying to read them. To me it was
pretty much all stuck-in-one's-head intellectual egobabble,
with generous helpings of abuse and over-emotionalism
served up on the side.

The only feeling I've ever gotten from you as to what
attracted you to him in the first place was that he
represented some kind of "adventure" for you. I guess
that's as close as I'm ever going to get to understanding
what you saw/see in him, so I'll leave it at that.