On 05/15/2012 12:06 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu<noozguru@...>  wrote:
>> NBC will probably ruin it.  JJ Abrams and Jon Favreau involved:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI
> Looks terrible to me. I don't see why people invoke
> J.J.Abrams' name as if it were holy. He specializes
> in taking ideas that make no sense (or stealing them,
> as he seems to have done with this one, which was
> considered a cliche back in 1950s scifi, where it
> first appeared) and turning them into TV series that
> get people hooked on watching stuff that makes no sense.
>
> I mean, really. "Fringe?" "Lost?" "Alcatraz?"
>
> I'll pass.

Perhaps the show is intended to be "predictive programming" or a form of
"social engineering."  Preparing the public for when things go really
bad (like take a look around Europe these days).   I like to stand back
and look at trends and I'd say there is no "recovery" going on and
whoever says there is is lying or deluded.  When you shrink the world to
the size of a pinhead as we have done with the Internet then everyone
wants to live equally except for a few that from what we can perceive
seem to believe they are going to soon win the lottery and don't want
any taxes to stand in their way of being the king.  Thus standards of
living need to be equalized, but let the people do it not the arrogant rich.

OTOH, a lot people are fascinated with dystopian futures so shows about
them sell well.  It's all about money, you know. ;-)